Call for Student Volunteers
The 2017 European Robotics Forum (ERF 2017) is looking for student volunteers who are pursuing an undergraduate / postgraduate programme in Robotics to help at their conference which will take place at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre from Wednesday 22nd until Friday 24th March 2017.
The theme of the conference is “Living and Working with Robots”, and this 3-day event is expected to attract an audience of over 800 delegates comprising researchers, engineers, managers, entrepreneurs, and public and private sector investors in robotics R&D.
The objectives of the forum are to:
- identify the potential of robotics applications for business, the creation of jobs, and meeting societal needs
- Discuss the state of the art and most recent breakthroughs in applications
- Learn about new robotic business opportunities, including those arising through establishment of spin-offs, and ongoing initiatives in robotics within Europe
- Influence decision makers and strengthen collaboration between stakeholders in the robotics community
Student Volunteer Benefits:
- One free student registration for the conference
- Free volunteer T-shirt
- Free refreshments at coffee breaks and lunches during the 3 days of the conference
- A chance to attend a premier Robotics forum
Student Volunteer Duties:
Student volunteers will be required to help at the conference:
1) between 14:00 and 18:00 hours on Tuesday, 21st of March, 2017
2) and between 08:00 and 18:00 hours from 22nd March until Friday 24th March 2017.
Duties include (but are not restricted to):
1) Filling conference bags
2) Manning the registration desk
3) AV assistance
4) Poster and demo assistance
5) Badge checking
6) Break monitoring
Although student volunteers usually get to attend most of the sessions, they do need to be available at these times to help out if urgent tasks come up.
Please note volunteers will receive no monetary compensation.
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th January 2017. There are a limited number of positions available and successful applicants will be informed by Wednesday 25th January 2017.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please complete the application form which is available at: